3.16.2011

Pray for CHCH & Japan; Hair ties for school gala

Pray for Christchurch & Japan



It has been horrible two months for two countries.  In Feb 2011, we experienced a horrifying earthquake in Christchurch, the second largest city in New Zealand.  Before we come to terms with the lost of people's lives and historic buildings, Japan had one with a much larger scale in March.  Within a short period of three weeks, unaccountable lives have lost and cities were destroyed.  I have learned that we are, as human being, only small and are not comparable to our mother nature.  Should we be humble to our environment and be respectful to our creator?  My thoughts are with the people in San Dai in Japan and in Christchurch in New Zealand.

Hair ties for school gala


School gala will be happening in one week time.  I decided to be part of the gala for this year and so I offered to help the handcrafted stall by making hair ties for them to sell.  I wanted to make some hair ties that appeal to kids and therefore I did not focus on the type of yarns but focus on the color.  I bought acrylic yarns from Spotlights and the yarns are in rather bright and attractive color.



I really like them.  I hope these hair ties sell best in the stall.



No comments:

Post a Comment